Wednesday, September 9, 2009

RM150,000 for a prototype!?

Are you freaking kidding me?!
Are you freaking kidding me?!
I went to MDEC briefing and consultation today in campus.

If we manage to get the pre seed grant,
MDEC is providing RM150,000 pre seed fund for us to develop a freaking PROTOTYPE!
A prototype is an incomplete product.

So we are supposed to use 12 months and spend RM150,000 to develop something that is incomplete!
If we completed the 'incomplete' product with RM50,000 we have to return the balance!

Which means, if I am very efficient, I can't used the RM100,000 to develop a COMPLETE product!
What a joke!

Anyway, I told MDEC representative "Don't worry, I will find ways to spend the money".

My neighbour Lee Jee Shen was so happy when he listen MDEC (aka our government)
is paying people to do incomplete product.
Now he would like to submit all the projects he did for international companies to MDEC
and ask for RM150,000 for each project.

I can only imagine MDEC saying "You again!?!?!?"