Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A day at Lowyat and Imbi

Globalization has begun.

Talk about business trips dealing with computer parts and most of us techies will think of Lowyat Plaza and Lowyat.net
I had not been to Lowyat Plaza since Alpha, year 2004. (feel kinda old now =P )
I must say much has changed in the 4 years.

For starters Lowyat and Imbi plaza computer shops used to be donimated by Chinese owners. I was shocked to see 20-30% of the computer shops owned and run by foreigners!
I talk to a few of them, they come from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.

All their shops are similar, seen one and u seen them all. Nothing else besides 2nd hand Acer computers for sale. Guys, if you want to sell a used item, at least clean it to make it look more attractive. Not sure why, but those computers seem to be older than they actually are. How bad are they? Well, I have collected Pentium 3 computers which look newer than their Acer Pentium 4 3.2ghz!

The price of computer parts in Lowyat and Imbi were expensive. (Perhaps for me, as I can get much better price from my dealers =P ) The only thing that attracted me was the 8.0Mega pixel digital camera priced at RM199 using litium battery!

Now thats special! Perhaps to me, as I know almost nothing about digital cameras anyway. Pass on the deal as my sister was against the idea of an unbranded (FTEC) digital camera.

No comments: